Wed, 06 Sept|
HPB Workshop at Tamworth Conservatorium
Join Hot Potato Band for an exciting musical workshop & performance at the Tamworth Conservatorium. If you are in Primary or High School (ages 9-18), learning a musical instrument at any level, this event is for you!
Time & Location
06 Sept 2023, 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Tamworth Conservatorium, 223/227 Marius St, Tamworth NSW 2340, Australia
About The Event
Hot Potato Band are recruiting musicians between the ages of 9 and 18 to join them in performing at the Tamworth Conservatorium. All participants will partake in a collaborative 90 minute workshop to learn and prepare a classic street tune to later perform at the public concert in the grounds of the conservatorium. With a focus on having fun whilst playing music, this one-off workshop and performance opportunity is open to Primary and High School students who are learning a musical instrument. All registered participants will be provided with a music pack containing sheet music and resources in preparation for the performance + free entry to the entirety of the evening concert.
Through choreographed movement, dancing and singing, students will experience the infectious energy and fun of making music as they perform alongside the HPB team.
THE WORKSHOP at The Chapel, Tamworth Conservatorium
- Vocalists are welcome (hand percussion encouraged).
- Please ensure that you are able to carry and play your instrument.
- Students with large or heavy instruments should consider downsizing or discuss harnesses/strapping.
THE PERFORMANCE at The Grounds, Tamworth Conservatorium
- All workshop participants will have the opportunity to perform with HPB as well as putting what they've learnt into practice.
Please refer to schedule below:
3:30pm - Arrival
* Students to be dropped off/arrive at Tamworth Conservatorium Chapel and met by a HPB team member.
* Assemble instruments, warm up & settle in.
4:00pm - Workshop begins
5:25pm - Workshop end & Questions
5:30pm - Free Time
6:30pm - Meet at The Grounds, Tamworth Conservatorium
* Students to have their instruments and dressed smart.
7:00pm - Performance Begins
* Students will have the opportunity to watch HPB's performance before joining.
* Within the workshop, students will have a better understanding on when to join the performance.
8:00pm - Performance Ends
* Students are welcome to ask questions or chat with Hot Potato Band before heading home.
$44.00 per student
* Cost includes the workshop and free entry to the performance + a digital information pack with learning resources and sheet music.
* BYO instrument.
* Limited spots available.
Discover more about Hot Potato Band or listen to their music here.
Follow Hot Potato Band on your preferred social media platform.
Schools looking for Hot Potato Band incursions or workshops, please get in touch here.
ArrivalTamworth Conservatorium Chapel
1 hour 25 minutes
Workshop beginsTamworth Conservatorium Chapel
- Ticket type
Student (9 to 18 years old)
* Cost includes the workshop and performance between 3:30pm - 8:00pm + a digital information pack with learning resources and sheet music. Free entry to the entirety of the evening performance is also included. * Instruments are not provided, please BYO. * Participant must be between the ages of 9 to 18. * Tickets are only transferrable, not refundable.Price$44.00
GST includedTax: GST included